About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Last week's recap!

So, if you haven't figured it out yet, I am a contestant in the Fabric Mart Fabricista Challenge and I made it to the next round!  Yippee!  Here is a photo of the winner, Ann, from Sew Baby and the BEAUTIFUL dress she created.


This dress is so gorgeous!  Check the fit, perfect!  And the color!  I LOVE purple!  

So, for this week's challenge, we need to take a garment from our closet and recreate it.  This is tough for me as I have been weeding out my closet of RTW and replacing those items with my own creations.  People that know I sew a lot will say to me, I suppose you made that too?  YEP!  Isn't sewing your own clothes just the most fun and enjoyable thing ever?  

Ok, so I'd love to hear from you, what is the one garment in your closet you'd like to recreate--this has to be a purchased item!  I need ideas sewing friends!

Thanks!!!
Sue 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! The day before we got the challenge my husband asked "is anything in your closet store bought?" I am freaking out! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire that you are part of this contest & made pants . Pants are on my list but I'm so fearful of trying !! I think I would try refashioning a jacket or blazer . It would really test my skills !!
    Thanks for being a great inspiration !

    ReplyDelete