About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, October 21, 2013

Jalie 3132 Hoodie top

Add caption
I am so in love with Jalie patterns that I am repeating some of them simply because that are just that awesome!  Here is round two of Jalie 3132 known as the regular or nursing top, with or without hood. 

Fabric Used:
Really nice gray/cocoa stripe I purchased from Marcy Tilton.  Everything about the fabric is amazing from cutting out to top stitching.  Love this fabric!

Directions:
Absolutely awesome, all you need are the visuals.  I made a few minor adjustments and I'll highlight those below. 

How did the final garment turn out?
I think it looks a lot like the photo on the pattern cover.  Of course, I couldn't add well enough alone so I added a simple, understated silkscreen print along on one side that you can see below.  




Alterations/modifications:
My usual 1/2" swayback adjustment. 
I added 1'4" clear elastic to the shoulder seams to stabilize them.
I lengthened the sleeves by about 3 or so inches.  I decided to add a little detail by putting a 'cuff' on the sleeve and running the stripe the opposite direction from the sleeve
The kangaroo pocket stripe is also running a different direction
Eliminated the drawstring on the hood.  They tend to get knotted up in the washer and honestly other than using a shoelace or making a narrow tube, I didn't think it would add all that much?

Likes/Dislikes:
Love the hood, it is just the right size. 
Love the waist and how it follows the curve of your body rather than leaving you with a boxy garment
Did I mention it is comfortable?
No dislikes at all!

Recommendation?
Oh yes, I plan on making this again.  It is just an awesome, easy to wear, comfortable top.  I love both versions I have made. 

Conclusion:
A winner!  Try it!

Thanks for reading...
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment