About Me

My Photo
I simply love to be busy and create things, especially my own custom-made garments. Nothing is more fun than answering the question, "Where did you get that?"

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kwik Sew Tunic Repeat! 3463

So here is round two of one of my favorite tunics!  I just love this under reviewed pattern.  It is so very simple, fits great, goes together well, what more could you want?

Just as a reminder, here is the pattern envelope. 


For this version, I obviously made the view with short sleeves and the lower neckline. 
Since this was round two, I won't bore you with too many details. 

I used a sheer knit from Marcy Tilton.

I love this fabric! 
I wore a black cami underneath the tunic.  It was easy to sew and I did use pins as the cut edge tended to roll. 

 
From the back of the website: McCall Pattern Company:
These tunics are designed for lightweight stretch knits only with 20% stretch across the grain. We suggest single knit, jersey, and interlock fabrics.

These leggings are designed for two-way stretch fabrics with 75% stretch across the grain. We suggest cotton Lycra®, rayon Lycra®, nylon Lycra®, and swimwear fabrics.

Tunic view A has full-length sleeves and a round neckline with self-fabric neckband. Tunic view B has short sleeves with cuffs and a scoop neckline with self-fabric neckband. Tunics are shown with purchased belts. Leggings, without side seams, have an elastic waist. View A are scrunched at the ankle, View B are ankle length, and View C are below-knee length.
And, here are the line drawings. 
Line Art

Here is what I changed from the original pattern:
1.  I cut the neckband on the bias.  Believe it or not, I didn't have a piece of fabric large enough to cut on the cross grain, so I improvised.  It worked. 
2.  For heaven sakes, don't set in the sleeves.  Sew them on after you stitch the shoulder seam.  I attached the cuffs prior to attaching the sleeves.  After stitching the sleeves on, I serged from the cuff to hem and then folded the cuff in place and stitched in the ditch to secure it. 
3.  For fabric this sheer, it was a must to use steam-a-seam lite to baste the hemline in place. 
This entire process took about one hour to create from cutting out to stitching the hems.  Use a fun fabric and you won't be disappointed!  I opted to lengthen the top to the large setting and used a medium through the hips and waist and a large in the chest. 

Very comfortable top!  Try it!

Sue
 
    
      
   
           
  
 
 
 

 

 
     



No comments:

Post a Comment