About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Thursday, December 27, 2018

More Christmas gifts

I so love this pattern.  It is so well drafted and I believe it gives you great results. 
Previously, I made the hippo and decided to give it another go as every little girl needs a giraffe.  

Image result for images Simplicity 1082
Just because this is a giraffe, there isn't any rule that he/she can't be a floral giraffe, right?



Both fabrics were in my stash.  For the eyes, I used plastic snaps.  I reinforced the area with interfacing, lined up both sides of the head and used my awl to punch tiny holes, both in the same location, so the eyes weren't wonky.




How cute are the proportions on this?  
 




Sorry, but the above photo won't let me turn it. 


As with any sort of pattern like this, cut and sew carefully and don't forget to press as you go.
I didn't stuff this one as tightly as I could have as I was hoping Elaina would want to sleep with it and I tried to make it somewhat cuddly.

I can foresee making the flamingo.  Why not?
Thanks for reading!
Sue 

1 comment: