About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, December 3, 2018

Sewing flannel

Every once in a while, I have to pull this pattern out and play with it.  It's such a great basic. 

Sacha Shirt Sewing Pattern By Style Arc - Stylish long line over shirt with ¾ length sleeves


I love how this fits me with minimal alterations. 


My fashion photographer was making me laugh.  Such a goof sometimes, but in a good way!


As you can see, I lengthened the sleeves by 2.5 inches.  I cut the collar, stand, and cuffs on the bias.  I also added bias pockets.


I eliminated the side slits as I am hoping to wear this with leggings and I don't want any extra flesh poking out of those slits.


Here are my alterations: 
1.  I lengthened from mid-shoulder to the apex by 1 inch.
2.  I lengthened the bust curve by 1 inch.
3.  I lengthed between the shoulder blades and waistband.
That's it!


This isn't my most precise plaid matching I've ever done, but it is certainly passable and wearable.



I can't even describe to you how luscious this fabric is on your skin!  It's warm, weighty, and so very soft!  I purchased it from a quilt shop when I was in North Dakota for a business trip.


Playing with which pieces were cut on the bias was great fun!  It added a bit of creativity to a simple pattern.  


I used my Kam snaps and pliers to attach my plastic snaps.  I love these.  I promise, the snaps are lined up precisely.  They look uneven here, but aren't.  

Thanks for reading and I hope you are making some weather appropriate garments!
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment