About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, December 10, 2018

having fun mixing and matching fabrics

How cute is this tunic?  I love view A, with the asymmetrical side seams.  


Image result for images New Look patterns

Sorry about the indoor photos as it is dark before I leave for work and after I get home.  


I used a stretch velvet for the outer layer and wool knit for the inner layer.  The sleeves are a lightweight ponte.


Black is so difficult to photograph indoor but you get the idea of the shine and design of the fabric.  


This is such a great length for leggings, even for my 5'7" frame.  Everything is covered, both front and back.  Gotta love that!


I am showing you the underlayer here of the wool knit.  All three fabrics are washable.  
Thanks for reading!
Sue

3 comments:

  1. Sue, very nice, what a great idea for the different fabrics! Very nice over leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this tunic top! Great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I love that pattern. I've made it twice and about to start my third.

    ReplyDelete