About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Sinclair Danielle Batwing Top

One of my last makes for the 2019 year was this beautiful top from Sinclair patterns.  



Here's a link to the pattern if you'd like to see the other great patterns Sinclair has to offer: 


From the website: Featuring: loose around the bust and the waist, fitted around the hips top with a back neckline accent, hip length batwing top. Flowing around the body and fitted around the hips it creates an unlimited feminine silhouette. Back V neck with straps accent adds up a playful accent to your top. Can be dressed up for a special occasion or dressed down for a yoga practice. Designed to be made from light to mid weight knit fabric with at least 30-50% stretch.



I made mine is a sweater knit I purchased from fabric.com.  The manufacturer is Telio and this stuff is wonderful!


I made my usual size 12 (based on FULL bust measurement) in a tall size.  Tall sizes are for ladies over 5'6".  I am 5'7".


This is exactly the right amount of fitted/slouchy I was looking for.


The longest part of making this top is attaching the neckband.  After that, which BTW isn't hard, it just takes a few minutes to get everything else put together.


Isn't that back detail just darn cute?  

I see more of these in my future!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment