About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Rebecca Page Isabella Skirt

This was a fun sew for me.  I became a Brand Ambassador for Rebecca Page Patterns and this was my first pattern I tested.  I love the style, the elastic waist, and now I can't wait to see what's in store for me for next month's make!  

Here's a pic of the super fun pattern!

The Isabella ladies boho maxi skirt sewing pattern is boho chic; a look that combines flattering silhouettes, comfort, and a pinch of unique quirk.

I also included a link to the pattern page as my skirt is one of those that are featured!  Isabella Skirt


This is a beginner-friendly pattern.  It has a flat front waist with an elastic back.  The skirt is very full and is floor length.  There's a fun addition of lace or contrast fabric you can highlight as well.  


You pick your size based on your waist.  That as well as the length is all you need to worry about.  


Also, have fun with your fabric choice!  I used this silky print from JoAnns.  Since I wasn't familiar with this pattern company, for my test garment, I didn't want to use something that I spent large bucks on.  This fit the bill, plus it's washable.  I did order the lace from Fabric.Com.  I wasn't sure it would arrive in time for the deadline, but luckily it did! I think it is the perfect addition to the skirt. 


  And, did I mention that after I finished this, I fell so in love that I determined this my make for photos!  Yep, I like it that much.  


There aren't any surprises with this pattern.  It's simple and there is a step by step photo and text.  It's very detailed.  No head scratching with this! 



I also made my tee to match.  This is the Gem Tee by StyleArc.  I've been working on perfecting the fit and I really love how this fits and the color!  Did I mention that I simply love this soft peachy-pink color?  



That's it!  I hope you'll try this pattern.  It's fun!




Thanks for reading!
Sue 






1 comment: