About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, August 25, 2019

a little fall sewing!






Hi Sewing friends! 
Today I am reviewing my August Fabric Mart post.  I love these separates I made.  Sometimes its fun to sew for the upcoming season. 

First, I want to review the Thea Pant by StyleArc.  I simply love this pant!  I used FM's midnight blue Designer Linen.  This stuff sews like a dream!  It washes, dries, and presses well.  I highly recommend it for these pants! 

Style Arc Sewing Pattern - Thea Pant (Sizes 18-30) - Click for Other Sizes Available




Here's what my version looks like: 

See what I mean about the perfect weight for the pattern?  These are so very comfortable!  

Image result for Style Arc Thea pant

This pattern, like all SA patterns, is very well drafted.  This fits me just how I had hoped it would, straight from the package.  As with all SA patterns, there isn't much hand-holding but honestly with a pattern this straight forward, a beginner could make it work.  


The paperbag waistband is so comfortable and totally 'in' right now.





I feel like these are the perfect length for me as well.  For reference, I am 5'7".  These are hemmed at 2" from the bottom, just like the pattern calls for.


These pockets are the perfect depth.  When I wear these, I find my hands stuffed in them all the time.  


I also made my tank and cardi.  For the tank, I used a FREE pattern, called the Lago tank from Itch To Stitch.  Check it out here: Itch to Stitch Lago Tank Pattern link


I had to size down from what my measurements were but that's okay.  Its a free pattern and I really like how it fits and feels.  


For the cardi, I used the uber popular Blackwood cardigan in the shorter length.  I left off the pockets since I knew the pants I had made for this outfit had pockets. This pattern is fun and fast and cute!

I really love this outfit!  I hope you are sewing for the next season, no matter where you live!
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Love the colours of this outfit on you. I love Style Arc patterns because most go together well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was like bing the pants and thinking, so familiar, when it hit me: Ellen’s Woven Shorts is this pattern with the legs cut off. We used to get length choices in the same pattern envelope, but I think I can figure it out on my own ;). These flatter you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was liking no bing. Flaky key board or flaky thumbs.

    ReplyDelete