About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Silk Bondi Top

Talk about a fast sew!  This is a review for yet another woven tee.  This time, I made the Bondi top.  

This is a super simple top with very few seams.  I knew it'd be perfect for my double-faced Italian Silk I purchased from Treadle Yard Goods a few weeks ago.



I only purchased a yard of this.  I had no idea which pattern I'd end up using, but what I did know, is that this would be a simple top to layer, or not.   I didn't plan on this for casual wear, but I rather like it with my jeans and sandals!


This fabric was totally a splurge at $40/yard on sale!


I think it's totally worth it.  If you could feel what this feels like on your skin, you'd agree.


This top has a simple back yoke that attaches to a pleated back.  It has a banded neckline that I used the silk for. 

This was a simple fast sew and I love my new top!

Thanks for reading!
Sue

4 comments:

  1. What a great use of your splurge.
    I am sew inspired and can see myself following your lead.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I so love this fabric! I hope you do follow my lead!
      Happy sewing! Sue :)

      Delete