About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Another Daisy--StyleArc Daisy Designer Tunic


When you really love how a pattern turned it, it's okay to visit it again!  I so love my original Daisy Designer Tunic that I had to make another....

Here's the pattern: 
Daisy Designer Tunic Sewing Pattern By Style Arc - Interesting tunic top fabulous angled hems and side pockets

If you didn't see my original, here it is!

                       

I really love this version!  I used a mustard-yellow linen and lace for the sleeves as I didn't have quite enough fabric.  For my second version, I used this rayon my Telio.  I so love Telio fabric.  It's such a nice quality at a reasonable price.  It sews well and I love the colors and prints!  

   

Look at how fun this is!  I simply love this print.  


I didn't even try to match the motifs on the fabric across the front and back. If I remember correctly, I cut the lower band on the cross grain as I didn't have enough even with som tetrusing.  


I made a few very small alterations to this version that are different than my first.  Let me tell you what I did differently on that version first, then we will get into this one.  

I lengthened from the shoulder to the apex and below the bust curve. For more information on this, check out Designer Joi. 
I lengthened from the back shoulder to the waistline. 



For this version, I took in the front neckline only about 1/2".  That's it.


I really love how well StyleArc patterns fit me straight from the envelope.  With a few minor tweaks, they are even better.




So, once again, I didn't have quite enough fabric.  I used some tencel denim that's very lightweight as the facings for the hem and lower band.  I like how this hangs with that tiny bit of extra weight there.

Thanks for reading!
Now I need a sleeveless one for summer.
Sue :) 

3 comments:

  1. I love this fabric! Perfect for your second Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - now you have a perfect tunic "block" you can do all sorts of fun things with it - embellishment, different types of sleeves or sleeveless, button plackets. Actually the sky is the limit once you have the perfect block. Now I'm working on a pants one with a "yoga" band waist and hip and pants, skirts etc flowing from that in woven or knit :) I've been working to create this waist/hip yoga topper with Sandra Betzina's pattern V1307 (OOP) which gave me the inspiration as well. Your tunic is just that for you now. I'm slowly accumulating more of these types of repeat pattern pieces and I find it so helpful. I'm getting to the point where I doubt I'll be buying many more patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, I keep telling myself that I need just a few patterns to become my blocks and then create from there but I keep buying more patterns! What's wrong with me??? :)

      Delete