About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Another 6886--can you have too many?

Honestly, can you have too many McCall's 6886?  I think not.  Here's my latest.  I am so smitten with this pattern.  I really should just use this from now on to create any sort of tee design.  

Here's my latest version of this dress: 


If you've been living under a rock, here's the original dress pattern: 

Image result for images McCalls 6886

See what I mean?  Classic, simple, stylish.

For this version, I used a kit I purchased from Alabama Chanin.  If you are unfamiliar with their work, here's a link to their site: Alabama Chanin


I didn't think I'd like this type of handwork, but turns out that I am quite smitten with this process.


Being a kit that I purchased, it was intended to be a long or maxi-length skirt.  When I saw how much fabric there was, I immediately thought dress and my beloved 6886 came to mind.



My husband is making me laugh.


This is a double-layer of fabric.  The lighter green was printed with the floral motif.  I layered both, stitched together, clipped the top layer away and what-you-see, is-what-you-get.


I love this color combination.


This is a casual yet dressy at the same time.


I always but a seam mid-back to compensate for my swayback.  It helps, but doesn't completely take it away.


I single-layered the neckband.   

I left the hems raw.  That's so hard for me to even type.


I really love this color combination.  I like it with my redish hair.


I am not done with this pattern so I hope you'll be open to reading more about how many more versions I have in my head.

Thanks for reading!
Sue

7 comments:

  1. Really great dress! I love the colors and all the handwork.It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous dress, and it looks fabulous on you! The colors are great, the style is very flattering, and it looks very comfortable. What else is needed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beckster, exactly! I agree! Nothing else is needed or necessary!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that is so chic! I love it, and especially the color combination with your complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep looking at this dress! I love it. I so want to do this! If I could, I would copy it exactly. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is so beautiful! I didn't quite understand what you said on Pattern Review. Did you stencil and stitch it as yardage, or did cut the pattern pieces out and then stencil and stitch. This year will NOT go by without my doing an Alabama Chanin top.

    ReplyDelete