About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, September 22, 2018

This time, its the Kobe dress!

 Here's the dress pattern I couldn't stop thinking about!  This is the Kobe Dress by Papercut Patterns.  I recently made the top and just love it so I knew the dress would be soon to follow. 


I used an embroidered chiffon by Telio.  I knew from making the top that the fabric had to be light and floaty.  This Telio fabric did the trick!  I love how unusual it is.


And here is the showstopper part of the dress...the back!


See what I mean?  That drape is unbelievable!


This is a closer view.  You can see the bias tape made from the fabric I used to finish off the front and back neckline.


You can see my bra level as well.  I raised the back neckline by about 1 inch so I wouldn't expose my bra to the world.  I was also concerned this fabric may stretch a bit out of shape so I used black SewkeysE tape.  It worked like a charm!


Here's the dress without the belt.  I will wear this belted as I believe it looks better on me belted.


I love a lot about this dress!  It's so floaty and this fabric is cool!  



Thanks for reading!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment