About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Friday, April 6, 2018

Sewing for my favorite boys!

Sewing for little ones, so gratifying!  So fun!  These are my gransdons, Simon and Elliot.  They are 4 and 2.  The day these photos were taken, it was the little guys birthday.  You may notice in the picture that Elliot is holding a battery operated light switch.  His aunt and uncle got that for him and you can tell by some of the photos how thrilled his is that he can turn a light on and off all he wants.  




Here are the patterns I used: 
McCall's MP339

McCalls Easy Infants Sewing Pattern 6873 Vest, Shirt, Shorts, Pants & Tie

Image result for images Simplicity 8180

Both patterns are drafted well and easy to put together.  I used a super vibrant colored abstract dinosaur print I purchased in Omaha, Nebraska last summer.  I had so much from creating these little shirts.  My daughter wanted these make in short sleeves so that they can wear them all summer.  I certainly hope so as I think they look super cute!  Just my humble opinion as a grandma!  






The McCall's shirt has more details that resemble a classic dress shirt with a collar stand, separate cuffs and a shirtail hem.  


The Simplicity shirt is styled more like a camp shirt with no collar stand.  Although it doesn't really make a lot of difference for little fellas.

  

There were fun and fast makes.  Both shirts were completed in an afternoon.  I used lime green plastic snaps and my Kam snap pliers to adhere them.  If you sew a lot of children's clothing, this is a must have!  I even use the snaps on my own clothing and love the results!

Thanks for reading!  
What are you sewing?
Do tell!
Sue 

2 comments: