About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, December 9, 2017

A Very Easy Vogue jacket 9247

I'm back with something I thought about trying for a long time--a jacket with lace!

 
This pattern is Vogue 9247.  I purchased this for option D but after I received my lace and noticed the flaw in it, I knew I only had enough to make view C.  I am not disappointed with the result at all but dang, it would have been nice if the company I purchased it from cut after the flaw.  
This went together really well and is a fast make.  



The black is a knit that has a feel and look of a suede. It's been in my stash for quite a while and I thought it would be perfect for this and I think it was!   


This is a generously sized pattern.  I made a medium and found I didn't need an FBA--probably due to the knit. 


I made a sloping shoulder adjustment and swayback adjustment.  That's it!


The black lace with the blue is from Zeng's.  This is my first purchase from them.


There aren't any closures on this.  


My lace didn't have a finished upper edge.  I tried to dye some ivory cotton lace jet black, but it turned out a dark gray--not appropriate at all.  I followed those directions to a T.  So disappointing!  


Isn't that lace fun?  


I found this black trim at JoAnns.  It is washable, just like the black fabric and the lace.  It sewed easily and I think it works with the overall vibe of the rest of the jacket.

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

1 comment:

  1. The black trim is a great little touch, and the overall effect is really edgy. Leather + lace! Dyeing experiments are so frustrating when they don't work out! I'm impressed by this knit too; you're right it absolutely looks like suede. Did you get it from Fabric Mart?

    ReplyDelete