About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, September 25, 2017

Finally, A Win! Vogue 9270

This pattern....let me share my redemption story of this pattern...

 



Vogue, 9270...you've saved me.  I had several waders in a row and thank goodness you've brought be back from the brink of despair.  OK, so I am being overly dramatic, but sometimes I do feel like my sewing endeavors are telling me something...stick with it; you've got this; stop doing this, it never works out; don't ever do that again; etc.,


This is a great pattern!  The drafting is spot-on.  The styling is super cute.  It fits great, if not slightly a bit large so you can adapt it down and I love the length.


Let me back up a bit however.  This is made for wovens and I used a stretch, burnout velvet.  Perhaps with a woven it would fit closer.


The length is super fun--perfect for an almost tunic.  Lengthening this a bit to wear with leggings would be very, very easy.  Also, if you use a knit or perhaps a stretch woven, you may not have to use a zipper.


Sorry this is a bit blurry.  My fashion photographer was a bit impatient as we hadn't had dinner yet.  :)  So catching me mid-turn was to be expected.  At least you get a vague idea of the seaming on the sleeve.  I had purchased lace trim to attach but didn't like the contrast of the antique lace with the busy print I choose.  I hope to use that trim for something in the future.  

This was super fun to create!  I hope you'll try velvet in the future.  I purchased this from fabric.com and love everything about it!

Thanks for reading!
Sue :)  

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty and looks lovely on you. And it's especially nice to sew something successful after a few not-so-successful...I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The burnout velvet is so pretty. Stretch velvet is so nice to work with and you can't beat it for the feel or ease of wearing. It's luxe indeed! I've been wondering what you've been up to. A string of wadders is certainly frustrating indeed. I'm glad you're back in the saddle and with such a cute tunic for fall, pass the leggings and boots please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! I know just what you mean by feeling discouraged after a rash of fails. It's horrible. You wonder why you bother then mysteriously and unexpectedly you have a total win and you're back in the saddle again :)

    ReplyDelete