Simon is growing fast and I love sewing for him. So, when I was cleaning off my sewing table, I found this very nice gray ponte and it is the perfect weight for a long-sleeved tee for the little guy. The dark gray ribbing is from my stash and I have no idea where I purchased it!
I also had this monster applique/embroidery program laying close by, so I put two and two together and bam--Simon has a new shirt!
The pattern is from Ottobre 3/2012. I modified pattern 4, or the Tigerfish striped top, only I left off the stripe. Wanting to make a size 92cm for him, I didn't have that many choices from this issue, but luckily this one fit the bill perfectly.
Don't ask me about the directions, this is a simple tee so I didn't use them. I did modify the neckline and made it a bit wider and the neckband a little narrower as he just doesn't like things pulled over his head, and I don't blame him. I also used my coverstitch from the hemline.
From start to finish, including the applique/embroidery, it took me about 2.5 hours. The embroidery itself took almost an hour. The design is from Anita Gooddesign and I really like her software. I resized the design considerably so it would fit on her shirt.
Two of the thread colors are glow in the dark thread! I had to loosen the tension even more than normally for embroidery so it didn't continue to break. I took Simon into a dark room to show him the shirt and he replied with, "OH!"
I love OTTOBRE patterns and this is one I will reach for again.
Thanks for reading!