About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Oslo Stole by Oraguse

Hi guys!  
Up today is a FREE pattern from Oraguse, an indy company from France.  This is more of a set of directions than pattern pieces but it's so easy to put together, you won't miss the pattern piece!  

Here's an image from their website: 


Here's my version: 


This fabric has been in my stash for ever!  Probably one of the longest of all pieces!  I thought it was wool but is actually stretch cotton.  It looks like wool and has a feel of wool, so it may be a blend.  The tag from when I purchased it was only partially attached.  Hard to tell!  


The back 'collar' is only partially stitched down the front of the garment.  The back is left to hang out, if you know what I mean.



This is a bit wrinkled.  I didn't get a change to take photos until after wearing it to work.


One thing you'll notice is that the closure on me is high up while the model shows the closure much lower on her body.  I double checked my measurements and they are correct.  For reference, I am 5'7".  Height may be a factor.  


This is very comfortable to wear and surprisingly warm, even though this isn't wool.


Here are some details--I like how the corners are finished.  





Here's where the collar is stitched down.  If you look closely, you'll see where I did some zig-zag stitching to strengthen and stabilize the back side seam intersection.  This tiny portion of the garment isn't finished as it is a cut edge and I thought the zig-zag would reinforce it a bit as well as give me a more solid surface to attach my pin closure.  

Thanks for reading!  Do you have any free pattern resources?  Please share them if you do!
Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment