You can play with how you lay out this pattern based on how you want the stripes to run. I choose to vary my slightly from the pattern suggestion by making the back center bodice stripe run up and down, rather than side-to-side.
I choose to use this beautiful Maggy London seersucker fabric for my dress.
This photo was copied directly from Fabric Mart's site.
It is 100% poly and is 63"' wide. It so and pressed very well.
We had to take the photos indoors as it is pouring outside. My dog, Lucy, loves to help when it comes to sewing photos.
I really didn't deviate from the pattern too much. A few times I sewed on the machine rather than hand stitching. Some days I love to hand sew and others, well, I will think to find a work-around!
This dress is super comfortable in this fabric. It is also lined, and that fabric was also purchased a while ago from Fabric Mart.
I love the cute little sleeves. Did I mention I am very happy with the fit of this dress? Yes, I know it could use some additional tweaking, but I do believe there is a fine line between fitting comfortably and fitting so you look like a model in a photo!
I S-T-R-O-N-G-L-Y suggest making a muslin before tackling this dress. I did to tweak the fit and then had to do some additional tweaking after I made this up. The most difficult part is to get the bust to fit, especially at the armscyes as it needs to fit snugly. Typically I don't have any issues with this area with the big four patterns.
Thanks for reading and I do hope that you are making some great garments for this hot and very humid summer we are having. If you live in another part of the world, I hope you are looking forward to summer and planning your warm-weather wardrobe!
Thanks for reading!
Sue from Ilove2sew!