It is super cute in this rendition, huh?
This view, however only used two fabrics and I wanted to use three, so I choose view D.
I've made quite a few Tilton girl patterns and always love the bit of 'quirk' that makes them unique fun to sew. This top was no exception.
I wanted to show you the fabric I used for the right sleeve (and also the upper back). It is salvaged from a top I purchased last summer but never wore. I really love the colors and decided to hang onto it when I saw this pattern for the first time.
Ok, so the front doesn't really have drag lines like that. I, for some reason, pulled it down when I put my hand on my hip. I kept this photo simply because I wanted to show you the faux button front.
Isn't the back just too much fun? I did change it slightly from the pattern. The design calls for leaving a good portion of that back side seam line open, creating a vent. I felt like the vent was too high and I am too old to go around flashing people parts of my back hip line or even more horrifying would be my waist! I simply sewed those seams together.
Here's another view of the back with the seam laying a little differently. You'll notice too that I added a black band to the solid colored sleeve because I didn't have enough fabric to make it any longer. I like the effect.
I really like this top. Next time, I need to increase my FBA by a bit with all the drag lines I am seeing. Oh, and before I go, check that neckband. The neckline notches on this pattern are so awesome and the way the band ends up hugging the neck in all the right places made me smile!!!
Thanks for reading!