About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Patty Doo Zoey Colorblocked top

Today I have for you a casual, colorblocked top by a new-to-me pattern company called Patty Doo.  This company is based in Germany.  I fell in love with this design.  


Image result for images Patty Doo Zoey

And, here are the line drawings.  

Image result for images Patty Doo Zoey

This pattern is not available in English on Deutsch so I simply printed out the pattern pieces and figured it out.  It isn't difficult at all, as you can probably guess.  

If you are interested, here's a link to purchase the pattern or to look at their other pattern choices.



I picked my size based on the very helpful finished measurements chart included.  It's all in CM, so I used a handy calculator to translate that into inches. 


The fabrics I chose were from my stash and leftovers from a previous project and a purchase from the defunct Hancocks.  Am I the only one who is still mourning the loss of Hancocks?


Drafting on this garment is amazing.  Everything fits together beautifully and this sews together like a dream.


I really love this and plan on making more!
Thanks for reading!
Sue 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute top, and the fit is just right. No, you are not the only person who still mourns the defunct Hancock's. When they closed, the store where my mother and I planned my wedding dress (yikes, 49 years ago), I almost cried. It was local, and I could touch the fabric, see it in person, and feel confident about my choice. There is a Joann's about 20 miles away, but I don't like it nearly as well, and it's a trip in heavy traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your top! The fit IS amazing - the colours are lovely on you. I can understand why you were drawn to the pattern despite the fact it's not in English!

    ReplyDelete