About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Yet another McCall's 6886

I can't stop pulling out this pattern!  I can't even tell you how many times I've created it.  This time, I used a heavily textured ponte from my stash.  I love this fabric!!!  

                  Sewing Pattern Women's Dress Pattern, Sheath Dress Pattern, Close ...




See what I mean by heavily textured?  Isn't that red just lucious?  


With this pattern, I made my usual alterations: 
lengthened from the shoulder to the apex
Lengthened the bust curve
Added to back from the neck to the waist
added a seam across the back waist



I also played with the v-neckband a bit.  With every fabric, you have to test and see how the neckband will lie when it's sewn on.  Since my fabric was heavier, I had to stretch the neckband a bit more than the pattern called for.  The best and easiest thing to do is baste it on.  If it fits and looks great, permanently stitch.  If you need to alter, do so.  


I also added a side slit.  The sleeve length is perfect for me, even though I am 5'7".  
I am not done with this pattern.  Expect to see more makes from me!

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

4 comments: