About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, January 26, 2019



Have you checked out this pattern company?  It's Papercut from New Zealand.  I discovered them last summer and have loved all their styles.  This one, however, fit the bill for winter and cold weather!  I had to create it and fast-like.

Rise & Fall Turtlenecks

Here's the description from the pattern envelope: 
The perfect turtleneck pattern to help ease you through the cooler months. This pattern has two completely different variations, a chic fitted version, or a dropped shoulder loose fitting option. These are wardrobe staples!
Fabric:  Jersey/Knit Fabrics. 
Merino/Wool Jersey, Cotton Knit, Cotton/Lycra, Viscose/Lycra.
Model is 5’9” / 176cm 
and wears NZ 8/XS | UK 8 | EU 36 | US 4

And the line drawings!  Both images are from the website.  

Here's my version.  This is actually my second make from this pattern.  My first is a ecru colored cotton-lycra knit from Stof.  This is a textured knit in this gorgeous colored tealish that I purchased from Fabric Mart eons ago.  I am not sure what took me so long to use it.  I just love the color and the fabric.  


That neck!  I just love it!  This is nicely oversized but not too much.


I made my usual alterations to the pattern by lengthening from the shoulder to the bust and lengthening the bust curve.  To accommodate that difference in the back, I lengthened this by the same amount at the lower hemline. I also found that the shoulders are made for someone with less sloping shoulders than I have.  I took those in about 1/2 inch at the shoulder/arm intersection.  Other than that, this is as the pattern is drafted. 


Just for reference, I am 5'7" and you can see this fits in the length but I don't want to do any dancing with my arms over my head in this or the world will see more than I want them to of my midriff.  

I will be making this often.  I hope you won't get tired of seeing me in it!

Thanks for reading!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment