About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Another Harper Cardigan by Sinclair Patterns



I have been on a roll of Indy patterns with good reason: the Indy designers take time to fit, test, and retest their patterns before publication.  I just love that by those designers!  

This is for the Harper Cardigan by Sinclair Patterns.  Did I mention this is a FREE pattern?  For those of you wary to purchase the Blackwood, here is your chance to get one that is equally as awesome and you just can't beat the price.  

Here's the pattern image: 

Pdf sewing pattern - Sinclair Patterns - S1065 Harper knit cardigan for women


What I love about Sinclair patterns is that the come in TALL sizes, or for ladies over 5'6".  There are also petite and regular sizing options.  


Gosh, I love this fabric!  How fun is this?  Dress it up or down.


This is the first long length I have made from this pattern. 


The back really lets you see how fun this fabric is!



It's mine!


I've made this cardigan numerous times and each time has been a treat.  You can use a variety of fabrics, make a variety of lengths such as duster, long, or classic and you can also make long, 3/4, or short sleeves.  Variety, is all included with this pattern.  

For this version, I used a camo fabric from Telio.  I think if you've read some of my posts (thank you, BTW) you'll know that I have a thing for Telio.  Quality and reasonable price.  Bam!  No wonder I love it so much!  

I made the longer version with long sleeves.  I had just enough fabric to complete this feat, but honestly, it was a close call!  What I keep forgetting is that the neckband or front band needs 2 cuts on the fold, not just one.  :)  

Since my fabric was a ribbed sweater knit, I did use some precautions such as SewkeysE 1/2" tape for almost all the raw edges: pockets, front band, and hemline.  I just love this stuff!  I did use a straight basting stitch on my machine before serging the edges.  It just makes me feel better about my finished garment.  

What more can you ask for?  A FREE pattern that's well drafted, fits a variety of sizes, and gives you a great result!

Thanks for reading!
Sue  

No comments:

Post a Comment