About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Thursday, August 29, 2019

McCall's 7868

Today I have for you a top I made from the remnant from my Isabella skirt.  I am working so hard to have a zero gain in my stash of remnants.  So far, this proves to be working!  

Back to the pattern...


                   

I am loving these looser fitting tops right now.  Especially in pretty prints.  

Here's the description from the back of the envelope: 

Very loose-fitting tops have neckline and sleeve variations. A: Neck binding with hook and eye closure, elasticized sleeves. B: Collar with tie ends, button cuffs. C: Stand collar with hook and eye closure, button cuffs. D: Stand collar with hook and eye closure, button cuffs, elasticized waist with purchased bias tape casing.




So this is fairly close to the pattern photo, except for the width of the sleeves at the cuff.  Check out the difference between the pattern photo and mine. 




This was a very easy sew.  As usual, I did a bunch of flat pattern measurements and determined my size from there.  I only had to lengthen the bust curve and the area between the shoulder blades and waistline.




Since this is a looser fitting top, it's very comfortable to wear.  My only very slight concern is how low the front slit is.  I didn't wear a cami that day and wish I had!!!

I also noticed that the hook and eye at the neckline flies open once in a while.  Just be aware!  If I am feeling ambitious, I plan on taking the collar apart at the front opening and attaching some button loops and buttons.  Maybe just one...or possibly two.  

Thanks for reading!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment