About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, November 12, 2018

Meghan Jacket by Style Arc

This jacket--so simple but so much fun to create and wear!  This is a fast and easy sew and if you use the correct fabric, no hemming is required!  
Image result for Images StyleArc Meghan jacket

See what I mean?  Here are the deets: This jacket has long sleeves with cute little ties, felled seams and a wide, floaty collar.  You can choose to put buttons/snaps at the front.  


This pattern calls for a stable knit or a fabric that doesn't require hemming.  I had a beautiful faux suede that my Daughter-in-law purchased from Mood.  This is such lovely stuff to work with!  I really love the color as well.  It just screams fall/winter to me.  


I made just a couple of alterations, mainly to adjust for a non-stretch fabric.  I lengthened the bust curve and added a bit across the shoulders.  I also added to the sleeve tabs as they seemed rather short to me.  

That's it!  This whips up quickly.  I can see making this in a ponte--a suggested fabric.  I can also see making one for spring/summer in a white or light colored ponte with short or 3/4 sleeves.  


I also made the tee that I am wearing underneath the jacket.  This fabric was from my stash.  It isn't the best quality (JoAnn's is printed on the selvage) but the colors work.   I used the Jalie newest Tee for it.  


Thanks for reading!  
Sue 







1 comment:

  1. Jacket looks great on you! Love that subtle print in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete