About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Butterick 6418

This pattern; it's been in my stash for a while and I keep picking it up and putting it back.  Until...
Image result for images Butterick 6418

I was in North Dakota, of all places!  A gal there was wearing a super cute gray sweater and it looked like she had a half shirt on underneath that was plaid.  It also had plaid elbow patches.  Of course I thought to myself, I can do that!


Both fabrics were in my stash.  The pattern was also in my stash.


This pattern whips up easily.  It is well-drafted and goes together without any issues.  I added the plaid at the hemline and the elbows.  


View C has an overlay as the design and at first I thought I could just use that view, but duh, this is made in a knit and my plaid is a woven.  


I cut the plaid in the shape and length I wanted, hemmed it, and attached to the hemline.  
For the elbow patches, I played with the placement and size and sewed them on prior to constructing the sleeve.  

Super easy, right?

Thanks for reading!
Sue



10 comments:

  1. Love your top! I've seen similar ones around too and thought I could make one of those (thinking of all that fabric sitting in my stash too) - love your combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you added the plaid to the bottom of the shirt! It really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooo cute! I love the plaid that you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! The plaid was in my stash and was a match to what I had in my head for this design!

      Delete
  4. I also have seen tops like this and thought surely there is a pattern to make it!! Yours is very cute! Love the red plaid with the knit!

    ReplyDelete