About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Friday, September 14, 2018

Kobe top and dress pattern.  Another winning pattern style from a fabulous indy company outside of the US called Papercut Patterns.  These are fabulous!  The drafting is excellent and the styles are fresh and CUTE!  

Check out the back of this dress: 

Related image 
How gorgeous is that?  Here is the image of the line drawing as well.  What is deceiving about this pattern is the gorgeous image above.  It looks all cinched at the waist, right?  Well that's due to the thin belt she's wearing to hold all that volume in.  

Image result for Images Kobe sewing pattern

And, this dress is made from a sheer fabric so it appears you get the cute little slip dress pattern as well.  Well you don't and Papercut doesn't say mention it in the description.  They even have a disclaimer on their site stating this.  It is so important to read the pattern description.  I knew it wouldn't be included.  


So fitting...I used Designer Joi's method and am very happy with the results.  However, this pattern doesn't have the apex marked so what do you do?  I googled it and here's a link I found: 


I thought this method worked perfectly!  



With a boxy garment such as this, it is important it doesn't look sloppy.  For me, that means it fits through the shoulders, and front/back necklines.  You may have other preferences, but that's what I like.  



I've had this fabric in my stash for a while and I believe it is a challis.  It has lovely drape and feels so awesome on your skin.  



I do believe it is a poly blend, not a pure poly and definitely not a silk or cotton. 



 I know, I use a lot of white, black, and beige, but they are so easy to work with!  



I will be making the dress.  


I added self-bias binding to the back hemline as this fabric is so floaty and I wanted to keep it in place.


What I didn't think about is that the back is so much longer than the front so naturally it will be heavier in the back.  


I am proud of the bias binding on the front and back.  Look at how nice it looks!


I used a covered button on the back overlap.  I also raised the back neckline as in my muslin, my bra showed and I don't care how cute your bra is or how nice your back-skin is, having your bra back show isn't a good look.

So I love my new top!  I think I will enjoy it with black skinny jeans as much as I like it with my white skinny jeans.

Thanks for reading and stopping by!
Sue











2 comments:

  1. I have this pattern winging its way to me right now! It's funny how some patterns just sit outside your line of creative vision until suddenly boom its right at the centre and you must make it :) I love yours in challis and now that you've made one I'm sure you'll make more. Time to get some of that very elegant fabric out that's been sitting in your stash for just the right garment. I've been holding onto some 4 ply silk that my husband bought me for my birthday last year that I think would be gorgeous made up in this top. I'll start first with some viscose I have....this pattern has really captured my imagination (can you tell?!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, you are always such an inspiration to me! I hope you make this! Sue :)

      Delete