About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, September 22, 2019

StyleArc Sorrento Skirt

Oh my goodness, have you checked out this newish pattern by StyleArc?  

Image result for images Sorrento Skirt Style arc

This is so on-trend right now with the midi length and asymmetrical flounces.  This is described as, "On-trend midi length skirt featuring asymmetrical flounces and an elastic waist.  The "A" line shape fall beautifully into a double angled flounce."  


What drew me to this pattern was of course, the flounces!  I am loving this look.  I feel like it's so feminine and flirty.  


This skirt sews up so quickly!  Honestly, it takes longer to narrow hem all those edges than it does to cut this out and sew together.


Use a fabric with excellent drape.  I used a crepe from Fabric Mart.  This is really nice fabric that didn't cost a fortune.


I am a huge fan of elastic waistbands and this one is cut as one piece that's seemed in the center back.  Even though it's elastic waisted, you'd never know.  It still looks polished and nice.


And that DRAPE!  I love my new skirt!

Thanks for reading!
Sue

 

2 comments:

  1. Love this skirt, Sue. Saw it on Pattern Review this morning and hopped over to your blog. I love this skirt on you - awesome. And a fast, fun skirt like this would be great right now. I'm looking at the online pattern. To shorten and not lose the great lines I'm thinking I would shorten at lower hip and grade. Might make it more floucey, but that's just more fun lol. I've tried on another skirt to shorten at the waist- brought to tailor because I was super busy at the time. He didn't grade at the waist, and I'm not crazy about the fit. As you can imagine - bunchy. You mentioned you were thinking of shortening as well - how were you planning to go about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ME Eckels! I really love it too! The pattern actually gives some hints on shortening stating to reduce it at the hip and flounce. I am thinking it would be equal amounts at each. I am also thinking that if you shorten at the hip and redraw the hip line, the waist shaping should remain true and not get wonky. Make sense? I have to try shortening this over the winter months! I'll let you know how it works!

      Delete