I ordered this as a PDF and it didn't have too many pieces--yippee! There are a lot of pages of directions and helpful illustrations to assist you along the way.
I made a size medium and the sizing is from XS to XL. This pattern isn't a fabric hog, in only needing 1.5 yards of the main and lining fabric.
It does need a fabric with some body such as wool coating, wool melton, velvet, moleskin or corduroy.
I used a pale yellow wool suiting that wasn't heavy enough so I remedied that by using two layers of the wool and quilting the sandwiched layer to the lining which is silk. This process added about an hour to the total project. Not too bad! Both fabrics have been in my stash for a while and I purchased them at Fabric Mart.
I made zero alterations to this cape.
I decided to try and find the little buckles just like the photo of the pattern uses and was successful! I found the ones I used, from Dritz, at JoAnns.
An easy project that yields fun results! I really like this cape and plan on wearing it a lot!
Thanks for reading! And I hope you all have a Happy New Year!